What is the Papa Luckman Ethos
There is a lot of good personal trainers out there posting great contend and exercise videos, so much so you can get lost in what you should do and what you are capable of achieving.
Papa’s ethos is to keep it simple if you are starting out or refreshing your focus on getting more active. If you are already someone who regularly exercise then it is all about keeping your routine fresh and changing it up regularly.
Don’t get me wrong, being active is hard work, it hurts and it is easy to get into your comfort zone. Being active, exercising regularly and correctly is like a jigsaw puzzle. The 4 straight edges are is your mind set (desire, motivated, passionate, focused). The equal shaped pieces are like you body (good food, water, sleep, rest). The more intricate pieces that all look the same is your soul (challenge yourself to be the best and overcome your limitations)……if you don’t have all the pieces then your will not make the active picture you have in your mind.
It is important set your activity goals that are achievable, accessible and fit into your daily routine. Exercise is very personable; you have to choose the activates that are good for you. Work life balance is so important but in reality our motivation is driven by how we feel each day, stress at work/home, lack of sleep, what we eat, the weather and being tempted by the quick fix. It is how we manage and negotiate these distractions that is the key.
Reality check here, I would suggest it takes 2-3 months before you see true results and you have to make being active a lifestyle change that becomes part of your daily routine, just like having a cup of tea.
If you have already nailed exercise and it is part of your daily routine then you need to focus your training on what you are really trying to achieve. You cannot train for multi disciplines if you want to improve your performance. For example, you want to improve your running pace but also want to improve your performance in football, rugby, netball etc
▪ Exercise at your own Pace (in any space) and within your own ability– it is about you, how you feel and not what anyone else is doing
▪ Mental Strength – There is no such word as ‘can’t’ . When you hit the wall you will get over it.
▪ Work hard, Eat hard – Whatever you eat needs to be burnt off through physical movement. It is all about moderation. It is not rocket science, if you know it is wrong don’t do it. If you do be prepared to work that body. Your diet should be balanced with all the good stuff to fuel your body for exercise. Hydration is key, drink plenty of water through the day
▪ Getting Results – It is all about how you feel and look, you will know it when you see it. Listen to your heart, your heart will tell you if you are training right, it will never lie
▪ You must want it – say no more……………
Leave a Reply.
JAMES LUCKM AN